Saturday 26 May 2012

You Look Better as a Blonde


Passing and Maybe Not ....

Park on Sunday, chat with an older gentleman while waiting for children..pass

Testing driving a seventies T-Bird, passed with owner, asked how my husband would respond if I bought an old car, his buddy seemed to paying me more undue attention....think he suspected something.

While riding around on bike, taking daughter to get a one dollar slushy two or three guys asked me or commented on my cool old bike, supply teacher at school, oh you look so cute on that…so pass I think.

Have actually chatted with teller and fellow customers  at check out, even started conversations…pass unknown. Well no one pulled out a cross and made evil eye gestures.

At bank (as account is still in my old name had to show male id), after what seemed like a few minutes of looking at me then the car then back to me again, the teller, deadpans, you look better as a blonde.

Went to my first ever cruise night as April, drove the Seville and parked besides my friend Don's 64 Imperial convertible. Chatted with the owner of a 75 Buick convertible (I have a 76 Electra), he is a fellow Elvis fan so we quickly got on to talking about Stutz Blackhawks. I said I used to have a red 76 that belonged to King Fahd but now have a 71 model. He immediately goes, oh you must be (insert male name here) WTF....don't I look a LOT different. "Oh yes but remember I met you five years ago when you were having the interior done and were kind enough to show me the car and take photos". 

Guess I made an impression.....

Hugs,

April



6 comments:

  1. Great stories, April. I admire your spirit!

    That is a wonderful photo, btw. You have a dazzling smile, girl! Make sure you flash those pearly whites when you're out and about. :c)

    Recently watched Sid & Nancy for the first time in years. Tragic. Gary Oldman is a remarkable actor...

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie you look just amazing for such a short time. Remember it is a process. You have the bone structure and are beautiful. I remember you mentioned the voice but that will come over time.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are quite welcome. :c)

    The second clip didn't show up when I first viewed this, so I didn't realize it was The Pogues. I *love* them!!! Thank you for posting this.

    I've only seen them once, but it was quite the show. Joe Strummer filled in for Shane MacGowan, who was, er... indisposed. lol It was as wonderful as you would imagine. Sigh. I still miss Joe, may he rest in peace.

    Have a great Sunday, April!

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete