Friday 22 October 2010

Like Riding a Bike


I find that when I have not gone out for a couple of weeks (only two in this case) my confidence takes a real beating. I start to worry if I can possibly pass, can I put together an outfit that looks good? I almost want the outing to be cancelled, I worry and get all stressed out. I stop feeling like a woman and start feeling like an awkward guy again.

Right now it is a lot of work to go out. Make up, nails, shaving, carefully choosing an outfit beforehand. Also having young children means I cannot simply head out the door anytime I want. All outings have to be planned like a military operation and like as not I end up running late.

When I have gone out and I am happy with my presentation I feel like I can conquer the world in heels and that I am more than ready to go full time. I am bursting with happiness and confidence. The next time will be even easier…just like riding a bike.

Why did I include the above image, well I just love her smile, the model and the Cadillac Eldorado. I have one, the Eldorado silly. Such an imposing grill but friendly, almost like she is smiling at you.

Hugs,

April

3 comments:

  1. Terribly impressive car. And a nice smile, as you say.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love seeing those things sailing by when I spent the summer in Canada in 1967. Why have we been cursed to live through an age of identikit jellymouldmobiles.

    Elegant dame too.

    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline,

    1967, just in time for the launch of the first FWD Eldorado. There is a beautiful 67 Eldo project car for sale near me...must resist urge to buy more cars..cuts into shoe budget.

    April

    ReplyDelete