Wednesday 1 December 2010

Winter Time Blues


I think the approaching winter weather here in the southern part of our glorious Dominion (sounds regal doesn’t it?) has played havoc with my emotional state. In fact I think weather is having an effect on the whole family.

All grey and rainy with skeletal trees scratching at cold marble skies. It is not the climate for someone who has an addiction to old cars.

Crazy emotional this week, angry, sad, down, crying. Not sure if it is hormones, work, weather or the stress of Christmas. I am such a mess if anyone shows me any kindness I just want to cry and tell them everything. I know I have to remain positive and work hard for what I want but sometimes it is so overwhelming.

All the transsexual/transgender in fighting on various blogs has me doubting myself, which I had thought I had put well and truly behind me.

Our Christmas lights are up and look pretty but I have not caught the holiday spirit yet.

Looks like Mother Nature was having a bad day and accidently delivered our weather to Europe. Sorry but feel free to hang on to it for a while.

Now I am sure you tune in for my musical picks as much as my brilliant commentary and as usual I don’t disappoint. Here is a psychobilly version of Devil in Disguise (kind of a Trans tune if you think about it):



Hugs,

April

PS. photo is of a Series II Excalibur, my choice for the ultimate winter car so long as the fur coat and hat come standard.

4 comments:


  1. All the transsexual/transgender in fighting on various blogs has me doubting myself, which I had thought I had put well and truly behind me.


    Probably easier said than done but please DON'T take blog wars so seriously. You'll never find peace if you try to define yourself by the opinions of other bloggers. Know yourself. Listen to your professional mental and medical providers. Do what you know is right.

    After it's all done, feel free to go back kicking butt and taking names in the same blog wars. They never end, you know, so there's no hurry to join the fun. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're feeling down. I'm in Chicago (nothing regal about living here) and the weather has been gray and sunless for days. This time of year is always difficult for me. I don't know if I have clinical Seasonal Affective Disorder but the combination of gray cloudy days and less daylight makes me tired and moody. And, of course, people are getting into the holiday spirit and you should be, too, and...that seems to make it worse.

    With everything else going on in your life, I would guess it makes things even more difficult. Things do get better (even when you're feeling emotional and overwhelmed).

    I agree with Diana about not taking the blog wars too seriously.

    I really enjoy your blog. Thanks for your posts.

    All the best.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there that much in-fighting? It seems about the same as usual to me!

    Anyway, I agree with Diana and Linda. Be yourself, don't analyse things too much, listen to the professionals, and above all do it and say it your way. Because your way is the right way for you, even if it isn't for anybody else. You've got the right look. You can do it.

    I have to agree about the depressing effect of winter weather. It's a sore trial.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my Sister in Elvis and the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:

    First off, you're gorgeous and yes, I'm a little jealous. You will have no trouble finding your own King (or Queen) - hoping they will be able to sing along to the Elvis Christmas albums each year. THAT is important! ; )

    Secondly, thanks for posting to my blog. There are a lot more Right-leaning or shall I say "right thinking!" TS folks out here. We just don't know each other yet and like the general society, get overwhelmed by people like Nancy Boyd, etc. Hopefully, that will change as we go along. I've met a few on-line at PE, but I tend to get shunned overall because I'm not able to be "out" or full-time yet.

    Thirdly, you have a great sense of style and taste and that comes through in your writing. You've never come across to me as truly lacking in confidence even in your down moments. Strength and Poise is you! I echo Diana, Linda and Lucy's comments. You have your own voice and I'd say a more interesting one (no diss to any other blogger).

    These blog wars to me are about members of the first TS generation fighting it out over legacy and where things go from here. I think many of these blog fights come from their going through hell in the 60s-80s and now the TS/TG realm is exploding in a lot of different directions. This is exacerbated because of the internet and the media/legal/social acceptance that TSs and TGs are gaining in society.

    I kind of look at it as the early pioneers who transitioned are the 50s suburban types and the younger generation coming up today are the 60s Revolution types, and the pioneers don't know what exactly to make of all of it. That might be simplistic, but if I was in my 60s as an older lady who went through so much in a darker, colder, closeted age - I might feel a bit the same way. But, I am in my 40s and so I can see it both ways.

    That said, this reply is about YOU. Please keep your head up, keep working hard, and above all keep true to yourself. That is about the best thing you can do for you and your family.

    Best and Thanks Again,

    Karin,
    "I'm Just A Girl (I Think) blogger

    ReplyDelete