Thursday 7 July 2011

He Ain't Heavy



OK I am determined to get another post in this week, can you believe at one time I was almost able to do this daily. I am so busy but seem to achieve so little. My brother is visiting from Japan this month, it is great to see him again. I miss him but don't realize how much until we have these rare vistas.


I picked him up with my dad on Tuesday but didn't get a chance to speak with him at length until last night. Long day yesterday, stayed up late writing the night before then helped out on a photo shoot. No I was not the model but I can see how you might think so LOL.


After dinner and getting children to bed and cleaning up a bike we are giving away I zipped over in the latest press car to see my brother. So what was I driving, a press car from Mercedes, a SL55 finished in satin silver. Not my usual cup of tea but it would be unfair to say it is not a superlative automobile. I still like my transport to have a little more patina.

We took the roadster for a cruise around town which gave us the opportunity to talk about the elephant in the room….me…being trans. He knows already, reads the blog and is supportive, so I couldn't ask for more. Despite being dog tired and fighting a summer cold I was glad to be able to have the chance to fill in a few more details.


It was interesting to get his take on things too, "but the models tanks and cars…the Battle and 2000AD comic books growing up". I know it does not seem make sense but solitary guy interests seem to be a common feature of growing up trans (MtoF). It was a shock to him, as a younger brother I helped influence his tastes and who he is, so I can imagine it must be a bit like having one's personal foundations given a good shake.


I hope we get the chance to talk more over the next few days. Bottom line I have a great brother. And no that is not him in the photo.



Here is a great tune by the punk/rockabilly/tudor? band Tenpole Tudor that he hipped me to:


Hugs,

April

2 comments:

  1. We do seem to be very good at concealing it all with blokey hobbies, don't we.

    It's a lot to take on board for any family member, power to your brother.

    I have an analagous situation coming up with my sister at the weekend, an outing in girl mode with my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That never dawned on me before about the solitary hobbies, but of course. So glad to hear you have such a great friend in your brother!

    ReplyDelete