Sunday 14 August 2011

A Rare Moment of Contentment



It had just rained and the oppressive humidity of the day had given way to the promise of a cool evening. I sat on the front steps at twilight and felt an amazing sense of contentment.



I still have a long way to travel but I could not help believing things were falling into place. I am so very lucky I have the support of my family



…but we still have to tell "J's" mother and brother



I have the support of my boss and co-workers. I had two great chats with him this week where he reaffirmed his commitment to support my transition. I do feel a bit like I have won the lottery.



…but I am still worried about my job, the economy and the state of our industry



I am feeling much more confident about going full time



…but I still have moments of self doubt and panic



Dear constant reader, please don't worry, regularly scheduled broadcasts of angst and despair will no doubt resume shortly.



…in the meantime I am enjoying the moment.



In other news I sold my LT1 V8 powered Jaguar XJS in an effort to reduce my automotive fleet to a more manageable number. It was sad seeing her go but she is off to a good home. Only three more to go!



Really, an XJS no matter what is under the hood is a serious commitment in tears and heartache. I will be content (there is that word again) tinkering with my insolent chariots from Motown.



Ah ha, the perfect segue to:



The Velvelettes singing Needle in a Haystack from 1964







Photo of me is entitled "trying to take a good shot in the mirror at 3:30 AM" and the Mark IV is because I have been enjoying driving around in her all week.



Hugs,


April








1 comment:

  1. Hi April,

    You already know how I feel about why and how well things are going for you and your family. The Lord is Very Gracious indeed. I have believed all along that you will do very well in the next few weeks and months. Give up those moments of self doubt and panic... they are of no consequence.

    I will be praying as always about the upcoming conversation with your mum-in law and brother-in-law. Be positive, it will go just fine.

    Wow! You sold the Jag. That must have been like selling a part of you. That Mark IV is still an awesome ride. No wonder it's your choice for a Girl (take note) to make her entrance. Motown cars and Motown music, great combination. Good luck deciding what to sell next.

    April, with you looking that great at 3:30 in the morning...I'm at a loss for words.

    Thanks for the tune. I actually remember hearing it when it came out.

    Prayers and Hugs,

    Cynthia XX

    ReplyDelete