Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas Countdown: To Heck With Ole Santa Claus



Here is a Christmas tune completely free of schmaltz and even a little risque by Loretta Lynn. Shame it is not heard more in the typical Christmas/MOR radio play lists. Maybe it is in your neck of the woods but a first time for me.


Released in 1966 her Country Christmas album reached number 103 on the Billboard charts. Another great tune to be found on the album is I Won't Decorate Your Christmas Tree….now what did I say about risque.


Off to Niagara Falls tomorrow to get my hair trimmed, bangs too long and spoiling the overall look. Long way to go for a hair cut but if you find someone who knows what they are doing with you it is best to stick with them. In my former persona I went to the same barber for about twenty years, I guess he may be wondering what ever happened to me.


Hugs,


April


No comments:

Post a Comment