Wednesday 11 April 2012

Reality

So far things have not been too bad, I am still at home, bills are paid, mortgage renegotiated, thanks to "J".


I have got paid for some articles, there is unemployment (won't last forever) I take care of the children so there is no child care or after school expenses. I make dinner and the children's lunches.


My blog posts are mostly sunny, cars, family outings, successes at passing.


Ah but is that reality, no I am afraid that is only a partial picture. Reality hit home this evening as I checked my e-mail to find a note from the company I interviewed with recently. Despite what I thought was a great interview and a positive response to my follow up I didn't get the job. There were vague promises of future consulting positions, which seemed worse than a flat out rejection.


I cannot afford in every meaning of the word to wait around for hollow promises.


Even before I had read the entire e-mail I burst into tears, no one sends an e-mail to tell you that you got the job. I retreated to bed and sobbed myself to sleep, thank god I passed out as the pain of my own thoughts was too great.


Depressing thoughts swirled in my head like phantoms, " they read you from the beginning, you were never really in the running, they would be embarrassed to have you represent the company, you cannot even get a marketing job below your old position, you are useless".


Did they call an old boss who didn't know, or harbours a grudge?


My head hurts, I know others have had worse experiences, "J' counsels that they treated me respectfully and to move on and not give up. I feel like a wimp for complaining but thanks for listening and letting me pour out my heart .


April


Here is a cute little movie from my go to band for music to listen to while depressed but don't let stop you watching:





6 comments:

  1. Hugs.
    Did they give you any reason for you not getting the job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, April. Please don't give up. I've read several of your articles; you're clearly a talented writer, too talented for someone not to see what an asset you'll be to their company.

    Having just ended a seven month stretch of unemployment myself (and a two year stretch of part-time work before that), I know how hard it is to keep your spirits up. Your job hunt will come to an end, though, and when it does it will happen fast. Bank on it. :c)

    Extra Hugs (with a side order of good vibes),
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry things are tough for you at the moment. Being unemployed and feeling rejection are very hard things to cope with. Stay strong and positive, I'm sure the perfect job is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are tough right now but hopefully will get better, its NOT you, the whole economy sucks. Enjoy beautiful sunrises and other forms of natural beauty. Stay strong and healthy. This is my first read of your writings and you have serious talent. Cheers
    Mabe

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are seriously looking more radiant with each day!

    ReplyDelete