Sunday 1 July 2012

Going Without



Makeup that is. In the very recent past I would have never dared leave the house without a full complement of foundation, eye liner etc. 

The temperature has been in the nineties here and very humid too. I had to run to the auto parts store to get some more paint and 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper as I am repairing the dent in the Electra's passenger side fender. As soon as I got home I would be getting right back to work and getting sweaty so doing my face just for a 15 min trip seemed like a waste of time.

Even took pictures to record this "herstoric" event. I assume it means that I am more comfortable with myself and my ability to pass and not that I am lazy, well you be the judge dear reader.


No I was not driving while in some sort of Cadillac induced revelry, just windy                                                           


I am still a big believer that as a woman I should make my best effort to look good. I had to go grocery shopping later in the day and yes I did my makeup before I left.

The  white  on the old Buick was very hard to match, you can't imagine how many shades of white there are until you try and paint a white car. I went with a GM arctic white (more bone really) and its not bad but the eagle eyed will see that the fender has been painted. Better than a big ugly dent though. 




My new favourite song in the whole world:



5 comments:

  1. I had food poisoning 2 weeks ago and went to the hospital sans make-up. Even sickly, when I got there I wished I had put at least some mascara and lipstick on.
    .........Ahhh vanity! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl! With looks like yours, who needs makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look damn fine to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know what car-related movie that Françoise Hardy had a major supporting role?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look beautiful au natural! i love your smile!

    ReplyDelete