Friday 17 August 2012

Who Wears Short Shorts



I have often written that I have been as honest as possible with this blog, to myself and to those reading. Of course there are some things that remain unsaid as they involve the privacy of others or are just too painful.

One of my fears at going full time was the reaction of my neighbours in the traditional suburban community. For many months I was happy to report that acceptance both genuine and polite was forthcoming.

Unfortunately I have since leaned from different sources that my conduct, parenting and presentation have been the subject of criticism. I have waited a few days to write this post as my ire was raised above DEFCON 1 and I did not wish to say anything I would later regret.

The criticism comes from one person in particular. He reported to "J" that I had kissed a friend (MtF) in my driveway with my children around and that when working on my Cadillac I was wearing shorts that showed my private area. He claimed that both he and a sanitation worker collecting recycling witnessed this act of gross indecency and also mentioned the colour of my panties.

I was incredibly mortified to learn of the following accusations. The first is patently untrue, I had simply given a friend going through a tough time a hug. I  consider myself  a heterosexual female and even if it were a kiss it was no one else's frakkin business.

Second the matter of the too short short shorts. After learning of the accusation I went back and tried them on attempting to put myself in every possible position I could have been in. It is certainly true that a sliver of underwear could be seen but NOT any private area, OMG I am trying to get rid of that not show it off!

If I can try and be charitable he might actually believe what he wanted to see instead of just making stuff up.

I can hardly express my anger, as my knee is still giving me pause I had to go for a drive instead of a walk. Yes I did do a nice sliding burnout as I left my subdivision. Not very feminine or grown up but the cathartic effect of 460 cubic inches cannot be denied.

This one goes out to my neighbour:





Hugs,

April


6 comments:

  1. Hi April,

    Was he right about the color of your panties? Please... no need to answer.

    This almost sounds like wishful thinking... or rather... seeing... on the part of your neighbor. Maybe he's actually jealous.haha:) You might want to beware of the fox in the henhouse, he might be dangerous. You could try a bikini out on him and see what happens.lol:)

    April, your Mark IV is still beautiful, just like you.

    Oh yeh, I actually remember when the Royal Teens 'Short Shorts' Came out back in '57. I think that makes me older than dirt...

    Joan Jett I don't know too well. I guess I'm just too old, like I said.

    Great pictures though, as always.

    Hugs girl... and don't worry too much about this, unless, the local constable starts to make some surprise visits to the neighborhood.

    Cynthia XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr... I don't blame you for being steamed, April. And I totally concur with Cynthia: this gentleman doth protest too much, methinks. It certainly is, um, *curious* that he observes you so closely.

    And I also second Cynthia on this point: I TOTALLY think you should wear a bikini and lounge on the front lawn! lol

    Thanks for the Joan Jett! Always loved her...

    Chin up, April! Don't let this jackass ruin your day. Based on your video choices, I'd say you're already on your way to doing so...

    Major hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I mean you're well on your way to NOT letting it ruin your day. Just wanted to be clear. :c)

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey April. I was about 5 in 1957 and this song may have made a lasting impression on me. I always wore the shortest cutoffs when I was a teen and beyond. Of course, I was a girl inside and didn't know it yet. One of those many early signs that I didn't understand until about 10 years ago when after a bad period of depression and suicide attempt may have rebooted my brain and I began to dress and search the net for what I was. besides a car nut/musician/oldies D J.
    Now, I , as you, seem to have embraced the life as we should always had been able to.
    And I still drive my 1979 Pontiac Phoenix (nova clone) and the 383 I built back in '85 still smokes em too although the need to let off some steam doesn't come as often.
    I'm glad that there are some trans gearheads like me out there.
    Don't let those haters get you down.
    Julia Marshall in Dallas

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you need to rally some support to deal with this pain in the... When I started back at work last week I discovered that while I had been off a male colleague had been disrespectful about me in the presence of our department secretary and that she had given him some very sharp words. On my return he came to see me and was as nice as pie and used my correct name. You need this sort of support - any nice neighbours you can call on?

    ReplyDelete