Monday 27 May 2013

Wolf Call


It took a good day to finally light a fire under my butt and inspire me to write a new post. Best of all I was on the receiving end of my first wolf whistle.

The other night I fell asleep after a busy weekend with the children and didn't get any work done that evening. I felt really productive today, up at five am to catch up on some freelance work and then attend a networking seminar. Rushed home to review and edit images for an article on the MegaSpeed car show and then run them over to the Metroland publishing offices in Oakville.

I was debating what to wear to the seminar this morning. As I was dropping the children at school, I spied another mom who despite the almost summer like weather had a great all black outfit (my favorite color), pencil skirt, black stockings and pumps.

Inspired I quickly through together my own version of her stylish outfit. I must admit I was worried that the skirt I chose might have been too short….better than too long…am I right! By the way its riding up in the photos.

The Lincoln needed some exercise so I drove it too the seminar (cute Paramedic complimented the lowered Lincoln when I parked next to his ambulance but that is another story). 

Getting some gas I was chagrined and more than a little flattered to get my first wolf whistle!!! Two guys in a delivery truck were the smitten gentlemen. OK I guess this means I am not a feminist at heart but I would be lying if I said it didn't make my day and so deliciously retro to boot.



 Two versions of the song Wolf Call from the Elvis movie Girl Happy:





6 comments:

  1. Good to see you back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *wolf whistle* verrry cute outfit!
    (sorry had to correct the spelling hence the delete and repost)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised you've not had more of them.
    You have legs to die for so the short skirt was definitely the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not surprised... ;)

    Btw I used to get wolf whistled back in the day and hated it so much. Of course, at the time I never understood why. Ho hum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I should mention you look absolutely lovely, skirt just the right length for your legs, I agree with Jenna, legs to die for!!

    Been following you for a while you are an absolute inspiration. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning beauty like you should not be surprised at such attention from guys. Especially with those legs in a short skirt!

    Amazing blog by the way. Good luck with your transition. You deserve happiness.

    ReplyDelete