Wednesday 8 January 2014

Travellin' Light



Today is my last day at what was once my home. I already moved one load of belongings on Monday. Much stays behind till I can find a place to put it or simply dispose of it.

Last necessities will go into my Lincoln and soon I will be off to my part-time job. I will be returning on a regular basis to watch children, which in some ways will be even more painful.

Timing couldn't be much worse with bitterly cold temperatures and some car repair issues (yes yes serves me right for driving thirty to forty year old cars).

It is a struggle to keep a positive outlook and I am afraid I will loose it. Nevertheless and inevitable step and will hopefully lead to bigger and better things.



4 comments:

  1. Reading this post reminded me of "Leather and Lace," from Stevie Nicks:

    "Saying I'm fragile/I try not to be/I search only/For something I can't see/I have my own life/And I am stronger than you know."

    I think those fit you pretty well - particularly the last line. :) You *are* stronger than you know.

    Hang in there, hon…

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, My heart goes out to you and your unhappy situation. I wish I could do more but I'm in Texas. I will keep you in mind and send good wishes your way.
    Hugs, Julia Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, I just wanted to say you are in my thoughts and I hope you are keeping positive even though moving on is a huge step.

    Your blog has been a huge inspiration for me and I have the utmost respect and admiration for the way you have handled your "road".

    Take care and be the beautiful woman you are. With my very best wishes.

    Emily x

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. April, I know it's been a horrible winter. Been there, done that in winters that just seem to go on and on, with February being the low point. At least, that's what I found when living for many years in Cass's city. The weather can be brutal on your mood, and that includes your family's moods. I hope spring brings flowers to your life, and a spring in your step (or perhaps happier cars in your life?)

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete