Tuesday 15 July 2014

Wrath, I returned to my part time job on Saturday working the next three nights into the early morning hours. Inventory, all hands on deck situation.



My toe isn't throbbing constantly and I can get around in a limping sort of way so long as I keep my weight off the big toe and balance on my heel.


A co-worker remarked that they had missed me and I almost cried.

The first two days I was functioning normally but on the third the disruption of my sleep patterns really started to take a toll.

The lack of sleep manifested itself in anger. Wrath seems to be one of my personal seven deadly sins right behind envy.

I do have flashes of self awareness and I realize that the root of feelings comes not only from sleep deprivation but the stress I have been under. An element of which has been the promise of a career position. (oh to return to the rat race and once again to be real person in the eyes of others). I am on the short list but the waiting is killing me and everyday that goes by I despair of ever getting a "real" job.


2 comments:

  1. You are a real person. Period. Who gives a damn what anyone else thinks - particularly anyone shallow enough to judge a person by their paycheck? Just sayin'...

    Your post made me think of this song/video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq7JSic1DtM

    Unsettling song *and* video. Finally figured out why - he barely blinks the entire video, even with all of that debris blowing around. (Just a few times, at the very end of the video.) PiL were pretty great back in the day...

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Cass, I didn't know that cut, cool!

    this is my fav Sex Pistols tune, and Sid was kinda cute ;)

    http://youtu.be/Miico0R8vWg

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfu-oko0Fl8

    ReplyDelete