Thursday 21 August 2014

Smile Smile Smile....Dispatches from the dating front....men are pigs and only want one thing! Wow April news flash! OK I am being unfair I have met maybe one or two true gentlemen.

 
Dispatches from the dating front....men are pigs and only want one thing!  Wow April news flash! OK I am being unfair I have met maybe one or two true gentlemen.


Greetings from the office over the stairs....really my office used to be a closet....insert joke here...

I am still battling periods of depression as super blogger Cass will attest, as she, poor girl, is usually on the receiving end of my sad ass text messages.

I had my middle daughter over the other day , we had pizza and watched Toy Story 3, now that is a tough film not to cry over.  

It has been an up and down existence emotionally the last month as sad April battles positive April for supremacy. It sucks being depressed, everything I love loses its luster, from cars to music, even food tastes like sawdust.  Good news is I dropped below my target weight LOL.



I won't sugar coat this for anyone reading this blog near the beginning of their journey. Transition is worth the blood and tears but you better be strong.  

I am posting this as I am on a upswing (I could be back in the depths of hell by this evening). I have come dangerously close to giving into despair but hope is a terrible and powerful thing that keeps me moving forward in this uncertain and scary world.

The Ravonettes have a great new-ish "surf" inspired album but I am trying to listen to only positive upbeat tunes. So I will save that review for later.

My favorite pop punk band the Dollyrots have an amazing acoustic album out called Love Songs, Werewolves and Zombies. You cant help but to play it loud and dance around the room. The song Smile Smile Smile seemed to speak to the trans condition....

you can buy it here:

 http://thedollyrots.bandcamp.com/album/love-songs-werewolves-zombies-a-dollyrots-acoustic-album









2 comments:

  1. Yes its hard and at times full of despair but an authentic life is a wonderful thing. I wish you luck in your search, the right man will be lucky to have you as his girlfriend.

    You look beautiful as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout-out, girl. :c)

    As far as transitioning... I agree with you and Becca. It's been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life - and also the best, by far. (Funny how that works, isn't it?)

    But you know what? It *should* be hard. Only someone who has no other choice should, or could, go through what we have. That said, it is totally worth the struggle.

    I second Becca's comment about how lovely you look too.

    Hugs,
    Cass

    P.S. Hello, Miss Becca!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete