Thursday 10 May 2012

I Never Met a Dead Leopard I Didn’t Like



With apologizes to Will Rogers I love leopard print, glad it came back into fashion (did it ever really go away) I attribute it to my affliction for all things fifties and outré.

Found these very high heels with black and white leopard fur print and they fit! At a local thrift store…score! God knows where or when I will ever wear them but I am sure I will find an occasion. I believe they are at least five inches, as "J" would say F me pumps, I have no idea what she is on about….so much to learn still.


I think I better curtail my leopard obsession otherwise I will start to resemble Edith Prickley on SCTV. A character on the 1976-1984 Canadian comedy show that always wore leopard print.  Edith was the fictional stations manger, described as a  "an amalgam of Rona Barrett, Joan of Arc and Auntie Mame.



Too bad Cadillac never offered a leopard print interior option….oh but April I hear you saying how could you forget the 1950 Cadillac convertible show car dubbed the Debutante. The Cadillac Debutante  featured "Tawny Buff" paint, gold-plated interior hardware, and most importantly leopard skin upholstery….real leopard I bet!


GM Executive, " Chicks dig leopard print, get me the upholstery department stat..."






















4 comments:

  1. April, you are *too* funny! This had me laughing out loud.

    And I had no idea you were a fellow SCTV buff either! I was telling a friend if I ever have a telethon to raise transition funds, I want Sammy Maudlin and Bobby Bittman to host. (Bittman will do it, I think, if "On The Waterfront... Again!" doesn't pan out.)

    And of course, the musical guest could only be 5 Neat Guys:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmexAJ06Soc&feature=related

    Oh, God... I'm gonna be up all night giggling at SCTV clips on YouTube now. Thanks a whole bunch, April! lol

    Hugs,
    Cass

    P.S. Tawny Buff... boy, they sure knew how to market back then, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Mel's Rock Pile and Harry the Guy with a Snake on his face? My brother and I watched them all after school, was on reruns here for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol Ah, yes... Mel's Rock Pile. He truly understood the punk rock movement, don't you think?

    I just rediscovered this one, which literally had me gasping for breath from laughing so hard:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_ehxdlAlHQ

    Casually taking the turkey as walks off... just when you think it couldn't get any funnier! (How much says he improvised that?) John Candy was a genius.

    They used to show them here late on Friday night/early Saturday morning; I was an insomniac even back then, so that's when I got hooked.

    Thanks for bringing back some happy memories. It's been a stressful few weeks - OK, months - and I needed the laughs...

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. yowza! and that leopard looks snazzy on you!

    ReplyDelete