Tuesday 8 May 2012

Twenty Footer?


Term used here to describe a used car or even collector car that looks great from a distance but up close its myriad faults are clearly visible.
Sunday morning took my freshly washed Seville to pick up middle daughter from a birthday party sleepover.

The gleaming Caddy seemed to make an impression on the male population of the little court. As I exited the Seville an older gentleman called out what year, 1985 I answered, chiding his buddy across the street he says I told you so. 

He replies, "A beautiful car and a beautiful driver", well a double whammy compliment, can't do much better than that! Especially as I had no make up on and was just in jeans and a black sweater.

Only problem we were about twenty feet apart.

I had gone to photograph a car for an article at the shop of a former work colleague. Later when we talked on the phone he says, from twenty feet you are really hot. How is that for a backhanded compliment, and told him so. Laughing he says that is the best he can admit to since he used to know me as a guy. Hmmm I was slightly mollified.

Well I am a work in progress, nothing forty grand in facial surgery won't cure.

Hugs,

April

photo is of a heavily patinaed Mark IV in Detroit. 


7 comments:

  1. I think your friend must need glasses! Twenty feet, my fanny...

    I know the feeling, though. I'm still just starting out, really (just shy of six months on HRT), and it's disheartening to look in the mirror and see... him. All him. (OK, mostly. But still.) Sigh.

    Oh well. One day at a time, right? In the meantime, I'm saving my pennies towards *my* $40K! That's a whole lot of cans to recycle, let me tell you!

    Listening to The Primitives made me dig out some of Sam Phillips early albums. She started around the same time as them. I think she has an *unbelievably* sexy voice :c), and is a great songwriter to boot:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkkbHa90AkU

    Whew. See what I mean?

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. April I see little need for 40K worth of FFS. You have beautiful features so save the money.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. $40k of FFS--not necessary-you are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other posters April. I've known too many people who've gone for FFS for all the wrong reasons and come out of it looking awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Save your money, April. Or get a second opinion. I think that HRT is working very well. Maybe a trach shave or something, but that's not $40K.

    Keep sharing with us, lady. We're here for you, even through the hard stuff. Take care

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoever said you need 4ok of cosmetic surgery must be a cosmetic surgeon.

    You, my dear, are an inspiration to us all at ANY distance (particularly in the photo above!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone, such positive reinforcement brings the sun out even on a rainy day.

    love you all

    ReplyDelete