Saturday 12 January 2013

Because I'm Awesome




A beautiful day in Southern Ontario, the sun was out and the temperature was above freezing making it seem all the world like spring.

Pale citizens ventured forth blinking at the strange ball of light in the sky. Couples walking hand in hand, convertibles with their tops down, even a few motorcycles.

If it were an Elvis movie I would have burst into song.

Having survived a tough week I felt as if I had received a reprieve from the governor. Perhaps even a little giddy at leaving the depression behind.

Last night I got out with friends and I was able to realize how far I had come and how lucky I am.  There is still a lot of anger in me ( I would think this is common with anyone born transsexual) that often threatens to boil over into self hate.

I am trying to appreciate and enjoy what I have now while striving for an even better future.

Here is a tune by the Dollyrots that sums up my rediscovered positive but oh so humble belief in myself:


Hugs,

April

8 comments:

  1. I love that video, I so wanted to look at something else and have the song playing in the background but I just couldn't drag myself away from watching it.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see the old April back. Well OK, not old... it just *seems* like you've been around for years and years, I guess. Decades, really, when you get right down to...

    Uh.... never mind. You know what I mean.

    Good on you, girl! What do I always tell you? (Other than "Dammit, stop spamming me!")

    You are far, far stronger and more courageous than you give yourself credit for. Not many people could go through the difficulties you have and continually pick yourself up and resolve to move forward. So, yea for you, girl!

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you sounding a lot more positive. From the little that I have seen of your writings you are clearly very talented and I am sure that I am not the only girl who follows your blog who would want to look even half as good as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have often seen discussions around lifting yourself out of a gloom. The suggestion is that we somtimes choose to be unhappy. I didnt buy it all but there are parts that i could relate to. I do strongly believe April that you are awesome - you look great and despite having to deal with a lot of rubbish you still have the strength to get up and keep doing what needs to be done. Have faith that life will get better and have faith in yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read that the D-fog went away. LOVE the song and this band's attitude. Very cool. But, I'd expect nothing less from a video and band you post on your blog!

    Have a great Monday!

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I see someone dress like a young LL Cool J in this video? See it's happening already. Yep in a few years time I'll be coming to your blog to watch videos by 2Pac.

    Or is that wishful thinking? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. On a tragic note I was walking by the MGM Grand in Vegas on September 7th 1996 and saw a huge commotion that I first thought was related to the Tyson boxing match.

    I was there for a convention and that night my boss and I decided to go for a walk and see the various hotels along the strip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You, girl, ARE awesome!!!! You look gorgeous!

    I love the song. They sound so much like an all-girl indie group out of NYC. I just can't remember the name of the group. Good stuff, April!

    Calie xxx

    ReplyDelete