Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Day After :c)

Hi everyone, it's Cass again with another quick April update!

She had a difficult night, unfortunately. She was in a great deal of pain, and consequently was unable to sleep. 

We just chatted via text; she feels a bit better, but is still quite uncomfortable. Hopefully it will be short-lived.

In positive news... she took her first steps today! Yea!!! 

"Three laps around the room, sis!" she reported. I told her how proud I was of her... but she had fallen asleep again. :c) (I will forgive you, sis... *this* time. lol)

Her father stopped by today before departing for his return home. (Another friend is taking her home when she is discharged.) Once again I am so, so impressed with how wonderful he has been this entire journey. Why, I may even lop off one or two years of *my* Christmas list that they rightfully owe me, as their Irish-American daughter.

OK, probably not. But the fact that I was considering it speaks volumes. :c)

No doubt this is what everyone would expect from our April, but her sense of humor is intact, Here is one exchange from yesterday:

April: On waking after surgery I requested Doritos and Diet Pepsi... stat

Cass: And... ?

April: Received two saltines water.

Cass: Be sure to tell them you're never coming back.

April: I m sure they will lose a Michelin Guide star as a result of this.

Cass: No doubt. Logging on to Yelp right now to express my outrage on your behalf.

And one more from last night - this one a bit more adult (i.e. what constitutes 99% of our conversations). :c)

April: Hi sis. Waiting to get a shot. In considerable pain.

Cass: I'm sorry, sweetie. :c( Hope it is temporary. Please let me know when you feel better.

April: Will do. Remember that scene in Alien?

Cass: I was thinking of Scanners, but your reference also works.

April: Not my head that hurts, actually. lol

Cass: :D

April: APB - missing hot dog, short furry man, Identified by witness.

Cass: He goes by Dick. Dick Hertz.

And just in case we hadn't thoroughly revealed ourselves as the degenerates we both are, here is the video I promptly sent April... as soon as I finished laughing, that is. :c)


More updates and depravity to follow! Not necessarily in that order, of course... ;-P

3 comments:

  1. getting up and walking is verrrry importiant keeps the blood flowing after surgery and i believe it helps avoid blood-clot issues... so this is a good thing.
    2 years ago my cousin went thought this here in the states. there have been no complications. but as with many things it will be one day at a time.
    heal quickly so that you can get back to your car toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd advise that you not make her laugh too much. I made the mistake while I was up there of watching a just-little-bit-too-funny Canadian program and my stitches were not pleased. Three laps is good! I did four and was exhausted afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Faline: Believe it or not, April is the instigator! lol She can't help herself - being naturally funny is a curse in this case.

      She did at least four laps later Tuesday, and is able to walk further and further each time she ventures out. She is a trouper.

      @Diane: As both you and Faline suggested, I am trying to keep her from doing too much too soon... wish me luck! Perhaps pointing out she will be able to play with her cars sooner will do the trick!

      Thank you, girls!

      Hugs,
      Cass

      Delete