Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Latest on The Greatest :c)

Greetings all! It is Cass again.

Apologies for the delay between posts; it has been quite busy in my little corner of the world. (Mostly good, thankfully!)

Concerning "The Greatest" in the post title...

April had a very, very difficult time over the weekend, I am sorry to say.

Happily, though, she is feeling better.

Finally.

Before writing this post, I asked April what she would like me to share with all of you.

"I don't think I can quite put it into words yet," she replied.

Instead, she asked if I could post the following clips in lieu of her own thoughts for the time being:



Those were somewhat tongue-in-cheek, needless to say. :c) (I hope!)

But poor April really did go through an extraordinarily difficult ordeal last week.

While still weak, she is feeling much better the past few days, happily.

I can always tell because her sense of humor is back. :c)

Here is a small sample from late afternoon yesterday.

To set the stage, you need to know a few things:

April is obsessed with zombies.

She is somewhat conservative politically.

I am from Boston, a/k/a Moscow on the Charles. lol

(That's OK; we love each other anyway!)

And with that:

April: Off for my pre-dinner zombie shuffle around the outside of the clinic, sis.

Cass: Think of it as good practice for the real thing, when you need to blend in.

April: It is inevitable.

Cass: Sad but true.

April: Not too late to join the NRA, Cass.

Cass: Disqualified; I live too close to Harvard.

***

I will conclude this with a brief personal note.

April endured excruciating pain and discomfort for most of last week.

I can scarcely imagine how difficult it was for her.

(Although she has vowed to do what is necessary to make her laugh as I apparently made her laugh:

"When you are here," she told me, "I will make it my solemn duty to tell jokes, dirty limericks, perform physical comedy... whatever is takes to double you over.")

("Also, I will bring chips and creme soda too. :c)"

(Hey, we may fight like sisters... but creme soda trumps all!)

Yet she not only persevered, she did so with what I have come to recognize as her singular combination of grace, determination, and courage.

She is one tough cookie.

And I am proud to call her my sister.

Love you, hon!

3 comments:

  1. Just caught up with everything that's been happening in the last few weeks.

    I'm so happy for you that you've had your surgery. Images of little sausages with arms and legs dancing around spring to mind as do lots of others.

    I hope your back home with your daughters soon.

    Cass, could you pass on my best wishes and love to April. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Apocalypse Now video..:) I hope April is doing well and recovering, hugs to you both.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Jenna: I happily passed along your wishes to April; she said thank you VERY much and asked me to send back her love in return. Done! :c)

      As far as the dancing sausages, all I can tell you is that April is determined to exact her revenge on me for reminding her of them if/when it is my turn.

      My only hope is she was so zonked on drugs and BBQ chips that she forgets. (So everyone, remember: ssshhh!!!)

      @ Tammy: I laughed when she asked me to post it too. :c)

      I am always amazed at April's sense of humor, even - or especially - when she is not feeling her best. It is one of her best qualities - and that is an extensive list, let me assure you!

      And on her behalf... thank you for the hugs! Back at ya, girl!!!

      Hugs,
      Cass (& April)

      Delete