Sunday 14 July 2013

Our Miss April: An Update

Hi all, it's Cass again.  I wanted to give you the latest on how April is doing.

I am happy to report that she was able to leave the hospital mid-week last week. Yea!

Her father kindly volunteered to drive her home - "via the scenic route," she reported.

She is staying with a friend for several weeks to allow her to get some much-needed rest.

Unfortunately, she is still dealing with a considerable amount of pain.

And consequently, she has had nights during which she was not able to sleep well.

Fortunately, she *did* sleep well last night, and even dreamed about (what else?) cars. :c)

I just tracked down several articles on post-GCS recovery, specifically those that discuss dealing with ongoing pain.

Could I ask a favor? If anyone knows of any other articles, could you please pass them along, either in the comments here or on my blog, Cassidy's Quest? Thank you in advance!

Either April or yours truly will keep you updated, depending on how she feels.

And please, continue to keep April in her thoughts. She has been touched by the outpouring of support from everyone. On her behalf, thank you very, very much.

8 comments:

  1. It is nearly two weeks since her SRS and the pain should back off gradually. Ironically pain is the sign of both healing and the mending of the nerves in order for functionality.

    People are different in how the pain effects them after SRS. I know of few articles on it but in my case, a long time ago, we spent two weeks in hospital but there was still discomfort as I healed.

    It will get better and depending on the nerve endings as they heal there may or may not be sharp pain but April should be over the worst part.

    A little tidbit for April on cars. I am currently visiting my brother and I have been driving old muscle cars from 60s and 70s, he is a big collector, that would bring a smile to her face. Think Hemi, big block, Cuda, Vette, Shelby, etc..

    Get well soon sis.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will pass all of this along to her, Liz. She values your opinion *very* highly. :c)

      == Cass

      Delete
  2. Very happy to hear April is doing better...however much...is at least improvement. I will continue to pray for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery. Perhaps in no time at all she will not remember much about these days.

    Hugs to a wonderful sister,

    Cynthia XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia!

      I just chatted with April, and I'm happy to report she is feeling a bit better.

      I could tell she was tired though. I joked that her crush, Roger Moore, would be hand-delivering her beloved McFlurrie (from McDonald's) - and she yawned. lol (I won't tell Roger, of course.)

      Thank you again, Cynthia! Hugs to you as well - from both April and myself!!!

      Hugs,
      Cass

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that April is still feeling some pain but also glad that she's feeling a bit better. She's fortunate to have friends like you to help her through her recovery. Please give her our best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LInda!

    I will happily pass along your message. :-p

    Just chatted with her, and, again, she is feeling slightly better today. No doubt the just-delivered pizza ("with everything, sis!") plays a role in that verdict. lol

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  5. just some thoughts for the future based on my cousens experience. she almost made the mistake of not continuing the required dilation exercises. she found she needed to return to doing them almost a year later.

    glad April is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana!

      April is feeling better today - and she was finally able to sleep last night too. :c) I am hoping she has turned a corner!

      I will pass along your advice, Diana; thank you for taking the time to comment!

      Hugs,
      Cass

      Delete