Monday 2 December 2013

Modelling the Fifties Delinquent Mugshot Look

A day or two of mild weather, so I reverted to my fifties bad girl JD look, fitted leather jacket, leopard print T and not quite visible Betsey Johnson skull earrings and necklace. I think I looked good swinging my high heeled black boots out of the lowered Lincoln Mark IV.  http://www.betseyjohnson.com

Yes it has occurred to me that I sometimes cling to the rockabilly look as a crutch, leather armor that makes me feel like a tough girl when really I am feeling terribly vulnerable. 


Trying my best Les-Lee impression


Les-Lee was a Canadian who performed at the Le Carrousel and a contemporary of the Coccinelle, April Ashley and Bambi. I believe Miss lee was also famous for this difficult to pull off open mouthed pose.
http://zagria.blogspot.ca/2013/04/les-lee-1929-2010-performer.html

some bad girl music for you:



5 comments:

  1. Since you're Canadian, do you all use licorice chains in street rumbles, lest you hurt anyone with the real deal? Actually, what *do* Canadians rumble about? Curling matches? Your public awaits your reply…

    Bitchin' look, btw…

    Hugs,
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. donuts...sprinkles pro or con. After a polite argument each gang went home to write a strongly worded letter to their member of parliament requesting a Royal Commission on the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well when you look good in the rockabilly look why not use it.

    At some point I really must get myself a new leather jacket. Something in the flying jacket line methinks.

    Oh and definitely sprinkles on ring donuts, apple filled with lemon icing for non-ring ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The real source of conflict is that they are supposed to be called jimmies. Everyone knows that! ;-)

    == Cass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back in the day, when some big shit happened in my life, I took the biker look to a new level of hardness. I wanted the Marlon Brando 'Wild One" look, complete with biker chains, boots, leather gloves etc. Looking back I'm not sure it worked, but it helped me to feel better.

    ReplyDelete